Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The faces of Eve project

Hello Everyone
I am creating a series of paintings for several upcoming shows around the country.
The series will deal with the perceptions we hold of women and their different iconic personalities, strengths and weaknesses...
for example... the saint, the lover, the martyr, the mother, the sinner and so-forth...Some people would lump the martyr and the mother together, but that is another story....
I will use symbolism both animal and political to describe these traits in my own unique style, some have described as fantastic realism...
My technique..I paint with oils and oil mediums on wood and canvas and the techniques I use are mostly traditional borrowing from the old masters of Renaissance painting. I start to paint from the support up in thin layers starting with a graphite or charcoal drawing. The colors I use are also based on the traditional but with a very saturated twist. I like to draw the viewer into the story by way of symbolism and color..
My muse? She is the woman in both classical art history and our Popular social culture...
I will be drawing upon iconic images from both , art history and popular culture to pursue this goal.
I will use the money raised to pay for my supplies to complete this series such as, canvas, wood board, paints, mediums , brushes and the printing of limited editions.

The faces of Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment